Drop Off Ballots May 2020
For Immediate Release: Thursday, May 14, 2020
Too Late to Mail Ballots for May 19 Primary Election
Washington County elections officials are asking last-minute voters to drop off their ballots at official collection sites as soon as possible so that all ballots are processed in a timely manner. The deadline for voting is 8 p.m. Tuesday, May 19.
With only a few days left in the vote-by-mail election period, Washington County has received 63,091 ballots so far, or about 17 percent of all registered voters in the county. Information about vote-by-mail, voter eligibility and other election matters may be found at the Washington County Elections Office website or by calling 503-846-5800.
Although the Elections Office was previously closed in response to the COVID-19 crisis, special hours of operation for in-person visits using physical distancing are now in effect. Those who must visit in person are asked to observe CDC guidelines by keeping a six-foot physical distance from other patrons and also wearing a facial covering if at all possible. These hours of operation will be:
- Pre-election day: May 14, 15 and 18 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and
- Election Day: May 19 from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
New Location for Elections Office
As a reminder, the Elections Office has moved from the previous site on SW Murray Boulevard and is now located at 2925 NE Aloclek Drive, Suite 170, in Hillsboro. For detailed directions and a map, go to https://www.co.washington.or.us/AssessmentTaxation/Elections/elections-map.cfm
Only Outdoor Drop Sites Operating
Please note that in response to the COVID-19 crisis, all libraries have been temporarily closed and are not able to accept ballots indoors as in previous years. The following 24-hour collection sites are available throughout Washington County and will remain open until 8:00 p.m. on Election night.
- Washington County Elections Office, 2925 NE Aloclek Drive, Suite 170, Hillsboro
- Washington County Sheriff's Office at the Jail Parking Lot, 236 S.W. Dennis Avenue, Hillsboro
- Cornelius City Hall, 1355 N. Barlow Street, Cornelius
- Forest Grove, Curbside on Pacific Ave., between Ash & Birch St., Forest Grove
- Hillsboro Main Library, 2850 NE Brookwood Pkwy., Hillsboro
- King City - City Hall, 15300 S.W. 116th Avenue, King City
- North Plains City Hall, 31360 N.W. Commercial Street, North Plains
- Sherwood City Hall, 22560 S.W. Pine Street, Sherwood
- Tigard City Hall, 13125 S.W. Hall Boulevard, Tigard
- Tualatin City Offices, 18880 S.W. Martinazzi Avenue, Tualatin
- Washington County Service Center East, 3700 SW Murray Blvd., Beaverton, OR 97005 (front door lobby drop slot)
Media Contact:Elections Office