Welcome to the Washington County
Community Corrections Department
Community safety is our #1 priority during this Covid-19 event. Everyone can make a difference!!
In order to “flatten the curve,” Community Corrections continues to curtail services under the Oregon Governor's executive order to "Stay Home and Save Lives".
As Washington County enters into Phase 1 of the reopening plan, this is the current status of Community Corrections Parole/Probation Office:
Current office hours are back to 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday. However, to minimize the potential spread of COVID-19 only few office visits are being scheduled at this time. Those individuals that are requested to report in-person will be required to wear face masks while in the office. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided. Please, only visit the P&P office if you have been requested to do so; otherwise reach out by phone or email to your PO or to the main office number below.
If you do visit the P&P office, we ask that you come alone and maintain recommended social distancing guidelines. Speak to the assigned PO if you require someone to accompany you and coordinate that prior to your visit.
Do not come to the office if you are sick, have a fever, or have any symptoms of illness.
The county is requesting all visitors sign in and provide contact information in order to assist Health and Human Services in contract tracing to mitigate the spread of Covid-19.
All other routine office visits are being conducted by phone or electronic forms of contact. Unless otherwise instructed, supervised individuals should check in via phone or email with their Parole/Probation Officer and not come into the office.
In general, please follow recommended public health guidelines:
- Wash your hands regularly, with soap and water, and for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer if unable to wash hands
- Avoid touching your face, and wash up if you do
- Isolate yourself if you are sick or have any symptoms (cough, fever, trouble breathing, runny nose)
- Keep your distance from others
- Be a good neighbor and do what you can to take care and help out others
Enhancing public safety by promoting positive behavior change.
Washington County Community Corrections serves an important role in keeping our community safe. We work to prevent the recurrence of crime among adult offenders by supervising them and connecting them with the resources they need to change problem behavior. We supervise approximately 3600 offenders using a range of evidence-based strategies, while working in partnership with the Courts, law enforcement, and the state Board of Parole and Post-Prison Supervision. In addition to community supervision, we operate the 215-bed Community Corrections Center, a transitional facility that offers a range of services and programs to assist residents to successfully return from custody to the community.
- The Community Corrections Center is a 215-bed custody facility
that prepares people serving sentences to successfully transition back into
the community. It offers a secure,structured living environment, while focusing
on accountability, employment, treatment, and skill building.
- The Probation and Parole Division supervises approximately 3600 offenders, holding them accountable to the conditions of their supervision while supporting their efforts to live successfully in the community.
- The Counseling & Victims' Services (CVS) program provides counseling, advocacy, training, education and referral services that help liberate people from the effects of criminal harm, and encourages healthy relationships.
The Volunteer Program offers opportunities for work study, undergraduate and graduate internships. Additionally, free counseling services are offered through the Washington County Counseling Program.
Community Corrections Center (503) 846-4300 (directions)
Probation and Parole (503) 846-3400 (directions)
Counseling & Victims' Services (503) 846-3020 (directions)
Justice Reinvestment Referral Information
Hiring documents (only use if instructed to do so by hiring manager): http://www.co.washington.or.us/CommunityCorrections/hiring-documents.cfm