To facilitate interagency communication, Washington County's emergency response is based on the Incident Command Structure (ICS).
As a means of preparing our volunteers and ensuring their safety in the event of a disaster, all Washington County MRC volunteers are required to complete the following free trainings within six months of joining in order to be eligible for deployment:
- Washington County MRC Orientation - Held quarterly or available online upon request
- IS-100.b (ICS-100) Introduction to Incident Command System (3 hours, 0.3 CEU)
- Blood Borne Pathogens - Washington County Public Health (20-30 minutes)
- HIPAA - Washington County Public Health (20-30 minutes)
Upon completion, please scan and email, print and fax or mail to:
Washington County MRCAttn: MRC Volunteer Coordinator155 N. First Avenue, MS 23Hillsboro, OR 97124Phone: 503-846-8292 / Fax: 503-846-4892Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgOther Training Resources (recommended but not required)
- MRC Spring Training - Multitrack training by subject matter experts.
- Shelter Training - MRC and Red Cross volunteers
- Wilderness First Aid - Notification of classroom training will be sent via email or through SERV-OR.
- Introduction to Point of Dispensing (POD) Operations - Created by Yolo County Health Department, California
- Medical Countermeasures - Training for setting up points of dispensing is offered periodically throughout the Portland metropolitan area.