Mobile Food Unit
The Environmental Health program is responsible for issuing licenses, conducting inspections, investigating foodborne illness and other complaints, and providing consultations for mobile food units operating in Washington County. Mobile food unit operations include food service businesses that operate from any vehicle that is self-propelled, or can be pulled or pushed down a sidewalk, street, highway or waterway, on which food is prepared, processed or converted, or which is used in selling and dispensing food to the end consumer.
Mobile food units must operate from a licensed restaurant, commissary or warehouse unless the mobile food unit has a very limited menu and adequate equipment and utensils to operate without a base to support food service activities. A warehouse may only be used to store prepackaged goods.
For more information about the food code, visit the Food Code Adoption page.
Forms and Applications
Plan Review Forms
New or remodeled mobile food units are required to submit plans for review and approval prior to licensing.
- Plan Review Requirements
- Classification Requirements
- Operational Information (Información Operacional)
- Floor Plan Requirements
- General Requirements (Requisitos Generales en español)
- Plan Review Application (Solicitud para Revisión del Plan de una Unidad Móvil)
- Food Cooling & Reheating (Enfriamiento y Recalentamiento de Comidas)
- Mobile Food Unit License Application (Solicitud para Licencia para Unidad Móvil de Alimentos) -- license expires December 31 of the year issued/la licencia caduce el 31 de diciembre del año emitido.
- Commissary or Warehouse License Application -- license expires December 31 of the year issued/la licencia caduce el 31 de diciembre del año emitido.
- Commissary Service Verification Form
- Mobile Food Unit Route Form
- Mobile Food Unit Restroom Requirement Form
- Mobile Food Unit Operation Guide (Guía Operacional para Unidades Móviles)
- Obtaining a Food Handler Card
- Food Sanitation Rules (English only)
- Employee Illness Policy Example