Behavioral Health Council
The Behavioral Health Council (BHC) serves as an advisory group to the Behavioral Health Division. Appointed by the Washington County Board of Commissioners, the council assists the division in identifying community needs and establishing priorities for service delivery. The council also may provide the following input and support:
- Participate in the selection of service providers
- Participate in the evaluation of services to assure they are effectively addressing the needs and priorities and are of high quality.
- Provide a community balance and an independent opinion to the Board of Commissioners regarding program directions, decisions and proposals
Membership and Stakeholders
The BHC takes great care to include members who reflect the county's community, including but not limited to considering geographic area, cultural and ethnic representation. Ten slots are dedicated to consumers, family members and specific organizations.
Required stakeholder members:
- Provider of youth mental health services
- Provider of youth alcohol and drug services
- Provider of adult alcohol and drug services
- Provider of adult mental health services
- Child-serving social service agency
- K-12 school representative
- Family member of an adult receiving services
- Family member of a child receiving services
- Self-identified adult consumer of services
- Prevention services representative
Additionally, the BHC has nine at-large positions who represent consumers, minority groups, special populations and key system stakeholders.
All members are appointed by the Board of Commissioners. To apply to be a member of the BHC, please visit: https://www.co.washington.or.us/CAO/BoardsCommissions/index.cfm.
The BHC meetings are open to the public and are generally held on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Meetings may be canceled or rescheduled, and may be held in person or virtually. Please call 503-846-4528 to verify the meeting schedule and request more information.
May (no meeting)
February (no meeting)
November (no meeting)
September (no meeting)
June (no meeting)
April (no meeting)
March (no meeting)
February (no meeting)