Sexually Transmitted Infections
Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Testing
The Cascade AIDS Project and Washington County Public Health provide testing for persons at risk for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis and HIV. No cost testing is available for those who qualify based on the following risks:
- You are a man who sometimes has sex with men.
- Your man has sex with other men.
- You have had sex with someone who may be HIV positive.
- You or your partner have multiple anonymous partners.
- You or your partner have shared needles.
- You have exchanged sex for something you needed or wanted.
Thursdays, 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (By appointment only)
Hillsboro Clinic, 266 W Main St, Hillsboro OR 97123
To make an appointment, call 503-846-2972
(Hatfield Government Center MAX Station)
LGBTQ Mondays, Walk-in 2-7 p.m.
(Monday clinic suspended until further notice.)
12550 SW 2nd St, Beaverton OR 97005
(Beaverton Central MAX Station; enter on SW Washington Ave)
Washington County Harm Reduction Program
Harm reduction programs aim to protect the community and promote public safety by reducing the spread of infections like HIV and Hepatitis C, reduce syringe litter in communities, reduce overdose deaths, and connect individuals to detox and substance use treatment and other services.
Syringe Exchange & Field Testing - Hillsboro
Wednesdays, 12-4 p.m.
Dairy Creek Park
SW Walnut, Behind WinCo (Bus Line #57)
First Friday of the Month, 1-3 p.m.
4th Dimension Recovery Community Center
362 SW Oak St, Hillsboro
- Sterile syringes available and disposal of used syringes
- Fentanyl test strips available; Learn more about the dangers of fentanyl and how to test for it.
- Naloxone available; Learn more about this medication that can reverse an overdose.
- Rapid HIV testing
- Must be at least 18 for needle exchange
Not high risk and still need testing?
Call the Washington County Health Care Resource Line at 503-846-8851 or see clinic information below:
Neighborhood Health Center (Hillsboro Reproductive Health Clinic)
Birth control, STI testing, PAP test, hepatitis C screening
Call for appointment: 503-941-3016
266 W Main St, Hillsboro OR 97123
Tuesdays: 8 a.m.-7 p.m. or walk-in 3-7 p.m. for 25 years and under
Wednesdays: 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Fridays: 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
More information about HIV/STI testing
- Ask your primary care provider for a full STI screening.
- Talk to your provider to see if PrEP is right for you!
- Be sure to have all body sites tested depending on the type of sex you have.
- Oral, rectal, vaginal or urine testing is available to screen for gonorrhea or chlamydia.
- HIV and syphilis testing will include blood collection.
Behaviors that increase your risk for an STI
- Not using condoms consistently
- Sex with anonymous partners
- Having multiple sex partners or risky sex practices
- Exchanging sex for things you need
- Using drugs and alcohol while engaging in sex
How to decrease your risk of getting an STI
- Use condoms correctly and consistently.
- Use lubricant to decrease small tears and abrasions during sex.
- Take PrEP daily to prevent HIV.
- Reduce your number of sex partners.
- Only have sex with one other person and make sure they are doing the same.
- Get help if you have a problem with drug or alcohol misuse.
- Get vaccinated against hepatitis A, hepatitis B and HPV.
- Make sure you and sex partners get regular STI testing.
For more information on STIs and how they are spread: