Housing Advisory Committee
11/19/20 HAC Meeting
Due to COVID-19, upcoming HAC meetings will be via Zoom. The meetings are open to the public. Call info: see agenda posted below for call-in numbers. Agendas are posted approximately one week before meetings.
It is the mission of the Housing Advisory Committee (HAC) to advise the Housing Authority Board of Directors on policy matters, identify housing issues, and recommend programs and services for the low and moderate income residents of Washington County.
Committee members are appointed by the Housing Authority Board of Directors for a term of four years. Appointment to a second four-year term may be granted at the discretion of the Board.
The Housing Advisory Committee is represented by fifteen members, consisting of the following:
- Two (2) members being assisted by the Housing Authority;
- One (1) member involved in the Finance profession;
- One (1) member representative of the Elderly;
- One (1) member representative representative of Minority Groups;
- One (1) member drawn from officials of Social Service organizations;
- One (1) member drawn from either Design/Architecture/Engineer professions;
- One (1) member involved in Real Estate/Development/Construction;
- One (1) member involved in Urban and Regional Planning;
- One (1) member involved in Property Management;
- One (1) member involved in representing Veterans; and
- Four (4) members-at-large.
The Committee complies in all respects with ORS Chapter 192.610 through 192.710 commonly called the Public Meeting Law.
Purpose and Duties
Pursuant to Housing Authority Resolution Order (HA-RO) 91-14, the duties of the HAC shall include but not limited to the following:
- Identify, consider and recommend housing goals and policies. Review the Housing Assistance Plan and advise the Board on its adoption;
- Identify and consider the community's needs for lower income housing and the resources available to meet those needs and recommend to the Housing Authority programs to meet those goals;
- Advise the Housing Authority on applications to the federal and state government for housing programs;
- Make recommendations to the Housing Authority for changes or revisions in policies of the Housing Authority;
- Review and recommend action on the budgets of the Housing Authority;
- Review and make recommendations on other matters coming before the Housing Authority and perform such other advisory functions as many be referred to the committee by the Housing Authority.
Generally, the Housing Advisory Committee meets every fourth Thursday of each month at 9:00 am. The usual meeting location is the conference room of the Department of Housing Services located at the Juvenile Building, 111 NE Lincoln Street, 2nd Floor Meeting Room 258, Hillsboro, Oregon 97124.
Materials from meetings are available by clicking the meeting date in the schedule below.
|January 23, 2020 Packet Minutes||July 23, 2020 - No Meeting|
|February 27, 2020 Packet Minutes||August 20, 2020 Packet Minutes|
|March 26, 2020 Packet Minutes||September 24, 2020 Packet Minutes|
|April 23, 2020 Packet Minutes||October 16- Retreat Minutes|
|May 8, 2020 (subcommittee) Agenda Minutes||November 19, 2020 Packet Minutes|
|May 28, 2020 - Budget Packet Minutes||December 11 - Luncheon|
|June 25, 2020 Packet Minutes|
|January 24, 2019 Packet Minutes||July 25, 2019 - No Meeting|
|February 28, 2019 Packet Minutes||August 22, 2019 Packet Minutes|
|March 28, 2019 Packet Minutes||September 26, 2019 Packet Minutes|
|April 25, 2019 Packet Minutes||October 18 - Retreat Minutes|
|May 23, 2019 - Budget Packet Minutes||November 14, 2019 Packet Minutes|
|June 27, 2019 Packet Minutes||December 6 - Luncheon|
|January 25, 2018||July 26, 2018 - No Meeting|
|February 22, 2018 - meeting canceled||August 23, 2018|
|March 22, 2018||September 27, 2018|
|April 26, 2018||October 26, 2018 - Retreat|
|May 24, 2018 - Budget||November 15, 2018 Packet Minutes|
|June 28, 2018||December 7, 2018 - Luncheon|
|January 26, 2017||August 24, 2017|
|February 23, 2017||September 28, 2017|
|March 23, 2017||October 13, 2017 - Retreat|
|April 27, 2017||November 16, 2017|
|May 25, 2017 - Budget||December 8, 2017 - Luncheon|
|June 22, 2017|
|July 27, 2017 - No Meeting|
|January 28, 2016||August 25, 2016|
|February 25, 2016||September 22, 2016|
|March 24, 2016||October 14, 2016 - Retreat|
|April 28, 2016||November 17, 2016|
|May 26, 2016 - Budget||December 9, 2016 - Luncheon|
|June 23, 2016|
|July - No Meeting|