By-Name Case Conferencing
Ending Chronic Homelessness: "Built for Zero" Initiative
Washington County in partnership with Community Action, Luke-Dorf, Inc., St. Anthony's Winter Shelter, and community partner agencies are beginning the implementation process to transform the homeless response system serving chronically homeless people to ensure the most vulnerable are assisted in preparing for housing readiness (e.g. acquire indentification) and quickly access permanent supportive housing. This work is guided by the Built for Zero national initiative with information available online at https://community.solutions/our-solutions/built-for-zero/.
For more information contact the Built for Zero Leadership Team: Annette Evans, Washington County Housing (Lead Agency), Mjere Simantel, Washington County HHS, Katherine Galian, Community Action, John Trinh, Luke-Dorf, Inc., and Carol Herron, St. Anthony SWS and HPAC.Public Relations and Communication
- Convening of Housing & Service Providers for Case Conferencing: 12/4/19, 3 p.m., Washington County
- 12/2019 - Outreach Coverage and Coordination - Convening of Homeless Outreach Providers:
- 12/12/2019, Community Action Meeting Minutes
- 1/9/2020, 9 a.m., Community Action
- 12/2019 - Develop Technical Tool to Support By-Name List
- 1/2020 - Policy and Procedures Released
- 2/2020 - Case Conferencing Begins
- Estimated first release May 2020
Ending Veteran Homelessness
Community Action Organization in partnership with the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs maintains a master list of homeless veterans in Washington County and meet regularly to ensure that service providers work together to end veteran homelessness. This effort has resulted in the reduction of veteran homelessness by 18%. To join this effort, contact Pat Rogers, Community Action or Gary Smith, U.S. Veteran Affairs.