Landlord Compensation Fund

Initial application deadline extended to March 5: Washington County landlords should turn their applications in by 4:00 p.m. this Friday for the first round of funding.

 

Landlord Compensation Fund Summary
 

The Housing Authority of Washington County is excited to partner with Oregon Housing and Community Services in assisting landlords and tenants in Washington County with tenant rent arrears.


In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Oregon Legislature enacted an eviction moratorium and established the Landlord Compensation Fund (House Bill 4401). The Legislature allocated $200 million in rent assistance to support tenants and landlords, which includes $150 million for the Landlord Compensation Fund.


Approximately $50 million of the $150 million in the fund is available for the first round of applications. The first round began in February, and the application deadline for this round has been extended until 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 5, 2021.


Program Details
 

Through this program, landlords will be paid 80% of the tenant rent arrears and will forgive the remaining 20%. Rent arrears from April 2020 to February 2021 are eligible to be compensated in this round of funding.


Landlords must provide tenants with written notice about the application, and obtain a signed Declaration of Hardship Form from all tenants to be included in the fund reimbursement. All applications must be submitted through the Landlord Compensation Fund Application Portal.
 

The program is not a "first come, first serve" basis, the two main criteria are number of units in the ownership portfolio and portfolios with the highest percentage of unpaid rent since April 2020. Applications will be reviewed after the first round deadline, and there will be additional rounds until the full $150M is fully expended. 


Learn More
 

Landlord Compensation Fund Overview and Resources Page:
https://www.oregon.gov/ohcs/housing-assistance/Pages/landlord-compensation-fund.aspx

 

Landlord Compensation Fund Application Portal: https://lcf.oregon.gov/lcf
 

Questions about the program? Send an e-mail to HCS.LCF@oregon.gov or LLCompFund@co.washington.or.us or call 503-846-4775.