Electronic Plan Review
Developers, builders and those performing construction activities will soon have the opportunity to participate in Washington County's Electronic Plan Submission and Review process (EPR). Washington County is thrilled to be able to
offer this new technology tool to its customers.
Currently in use at neighboring jurisdictions, customers who use the software to submit plans electronically during the Spring 2016 debut will be providing practical, hands-on experience for Permit Technicians,
Plans Examiners and Building Inspectors to master skills learned during
training and implementing the software for functionality.
We are now accepting all plan review submittals through our electronic plan review system, ProjectDox. This includes all structural, grading, fire alarm, fire sprinkler, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, equipment, and deferred submittals.
Getting Started In ProjectDox
Select the correct application for your projects scope. Our fillable applications and checklists are easy to use and can be emailed to staff. To make sure that your application is processed as quickly as possible, fill out the application completely. The email listed under applicant will receive the ProjectDox task (assignments). If you have any questions, please contact us at the information found below.
Email the completed application to LUTBldg@co.washington.or.us.
Once your application has been received, a Permit Technician will process the information and will send you a link to pay the fees online. Once the fees have been applied, you will be sent a link to start uploading plans into ProjectDox.
We want to make sure your project moves along the process quickly, so please make sure that you have uploaded your project pages correctly.
Listed below are a few of the most common mistakes when uploading drawings and documents.
- Drawing sheets should be uploaded into the drawing folder, and documents should be uploaded into the documents folder.
- Drawing pages should be uploaded in landscape orientation.
- Each drawing sheet needs to be uploaded as a singular file.
- Each set of documents should be uploaded as a single file, examples would be structural engineering one file, and truss engineering as another file. .
- Drawing sheet file names should follow our drawing file naming convention.
- All submittals must include a sheet index or page numbering system.
- Complete your task when you are done uploading all applicable drawing and documents.
For all new buildings and additions we will need the following items prior to issuing your permit.
- Property is on Sewer - A Connection Permit, Erosion Control Letter, or a Service Provider Letter from Clean Water Services
- Property is on Septic - A Septic Permit or Approval from Health and Human Services
Advantages of using EPR
- Customers have the ability to upload documentation 24/7
- Improved review times
- Facilitates concurrent reviews on plans
- Ease of tracking status of projects
- Saves on paper usage and onsite file storage
- Reduces time spent traveling and visiting our office
- EPR Submittal Requirements
- Electronic Plan Review (EPR) Tutorials
- EPR Users' Guide
- Paying Fees Online
- Online Inspection Guide
Applications and Forms
- Building Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Grading Permit Application
- Equipment Installation Permit Application
- Revision Submittal Form
- Deferred Submittal Form
- Deferred Submittal Requirements and Agreement
- Residential Plans Submittal Checklist
- Important Notice
- Homeowner Form
- Deferred Submittal Notice for Trade Permits
- Pdox Index Sheet
If you would like more information about Washington County's Electronic Plan Review (EPR) process, please contact us: