Facility Permits/Public Improvements
What are facility permits?
Facility permits are needed when subdivisions, partitions and other development projects are conditioned to build public improvements on County roads. Improvements include sidewalks, curbs, gutters, streetlights, paving, traffic signals and more.
The permits are not issued until plans are approved by our Engineering Plan Review team. The process includes:
- A Public Improvement Contract (surety bond or cash surety) and final construction inspections to assure improvements are built to County standards
- A one-year (minimum) maintenance period
- Final maintenance inspections
- Release of contract and closure of permit
Apply for a facility permit
- Submit a completed Design Option Form, wet signed and stamped original (mailed or delivered in office.) An emailed version is accepted if the engineer's signature has third-party verification.
- Pay the administrative deposit paid by credit card (call 503-846-3843 or in person) or check (by mail or in person). The amount is listed in the County Land Use Notice of Decision or the City Comment Letter (projects within a city.)
- Engineer's Construction Certification
- Inspection Option Form
- Insurance Requirement Acknowledgment Form
- Washington County Road Design & Construction Standards
firstname.lastname@example.org | 503-846-3843 | 155 N First Ave., Ste. 350, Hillsboro, OR 97124