2015 Annual Work Program
Adopted 2015-16 Long Range Planning Work Program
On January 27, 2015 the Washington County Board of Commissioners directed staff to send out a draft of the 2015 Long Range Planning Work Program for a 30-day public review and comment period. The draft work program was sent to a number of organizations and interested parties, including citizens who had already provided comment, Citizen Participation Organizations (CPOs), cities and service district providers. The comment period ended on February 26.
At its meeting on March 24, 2015 the Board of Commissioners considered and adopted the 2015-16 Long Range Planning Annual Work Program.
The program outlines work priorities for the department's Long Range Planning staff and recommended land use ordinance topics to be addressed in the upcoming fiscal year. A few highlights of the 2015-16 Work Program:
- Bonny Slope West (Area 93) Community Plan adoption and funding/financing plans
- Continue planning efforts in North Bethany to support development consistent with the Bethany Community Plan
- Support the Washington County Transportation Futures Study, which will evaluate long term transportation investment strategies (20+ year horizon)
- Implementation of the recently updated Transportation System Plan
- Consider code and implementation measures for recreational marijuana facilities
- Work on grant-funded Industrial Site Readiness Study in conjunction with partner jurisdictions
- Implement initiatives from the Aloha-Reedville study
- Continue Rural Tourism study (formerly agri-tourism)
- Ongoing local, regional and state planning coordination:
For more information, contact LUT Planning.
2015 Draft Work Program
2015 Issue Papers