LUT Divisions and Programs
The Department of Land Use & Transportation's mission is twofold:
- Building and maintaining a great transportation system
- Planning and protecting the uses of the land
Working in coordination with our city, regional and state government partners, approximately 300 LUT employees provide a wide range of transportation, planning, permitting and road maintenance services.
Our land use, planning, development review and building permitting/inspection functions are located in the Public Services Building (PSB), 155 N First Avenue, Suite 350, in downtown Hillsboro. Our road-related functions are located at the Walnut Street Center (WSC), 1400 SW Walnut St. on Hillsboro's west end. Visit our LUT Office Locations and Hours page for more information.
The Department of Land Use & Transportation is organized into five divisions. Most divisions have multiple workgroups, or sections, which are identified below. To send an electronic message to any of these workgroups, please use the Land Use & Transportation Feedback Form.
- Administrative Services coordinates LUT’s budget, payroll, emergency preparedness and employee safety functions.
- Planning and Development Services (PDS) includes Building Services, Current Planning and Long Range Planning. PDS oversees permitting, plan review, inspections, development review, code compliance, transportation planning and land use planning.
- Capital Project Services oversees major transportation improvement projects, including roads, bikeways and bridges.
- Engineering, Traffic and Survey (ETS) oversees Traffic Engineering and the County Surveyor’s Office. ETS provides design and review services for capital projects, investigates traffic complaints, monitors traffic accidents and maintains traffic structures (signals, signs and pavement markings).
- Operations and Maintenance oversees public rights of way, emergency response and road maintenance activities.