185th Avenue to close north of Springville Road
For Immediate Release: Friday, August 04, 2017
A portion of 185th Avenue, north of Springville Road, will be closed Aug. 14-Sept. 14 as part of the Springville Road project.
Traffic will be detoured to West Union, Cornelius Pass, Germantown, Springville and Kaiser roads. (See map)
The road is scheduled to reopen Sept. 14, prior to PCC's fall term, with the following restrictions:
- Traffic on 185th will be one lane in each direction between Springville and West Union.
- The 185th Avenue-West Union intersection will be an all-way stop.
Those traveling to PCC should allow additional travel time, obey flaggers and road signs and/or use carpools and public transportation.
This is the first phase of the Springville Road (185th to 178th avenues) project. It includes:
- Widening 185th, between West Union and Springville roads, and widening Springville, between 185th and 181st avenues, to two travel lanes in each direction and a turn lane.
- Increased sight distance by raising 185th Avenue
- Installation of a traffic signal at 185th and Springville
- Construction of a 10-foot wide multi-use path from 185th to the PCC entrance
- Installation of sidewalks, street lights, bicycle lanes, stormwater improvements and other safety improvements.
Construction is expected to be completed by September 2018.
For more information, visit the project webpage, call 503-846-7800, or contact Washington County Department of Land Use & Transportation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-846-7800. For the latest road construction schedules, visit www.wc-roads.com.
Washington County is committed to planning, building and maintaining a great transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users, and operating the County roadway system in a cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser, Communications Coordinator