Elwert Road closure begins Oct. 30
For Immediate Release: Thursday, October 24, 2019
During the closure, all traffic must use Edy Road for access to and from Highway 99W. See map
The Elwert-Kruger project includes:
- Two-lane roundabout northeast of the current intersection
- Realignment of portions of Kruger and Elwert roads
- Road widening and additional lanes on Elwert, Kruger and Haide roads, Sunset Boulevard and Highway 99W
- Intersection and signal improvements at Highway 99W/Elwert Road
- Traffic signals at Elwert/Haide roads and Elwert/Edy roads
- Bike and pedestrian improvements
Construction is expected through July 2020. Two additional closures of Elwert Road will be required to complete the roundabout.
This project is funded through the County’s Major Streets Transportation Improvement Program (MSTIP) with contributions from the Sherwood School District and the city of Sherwood.
Washington County is committed to planning, building and maintaining a great transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users, and operating the County roadway system in cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser, Public Affairs and Communications Manager