Kruger Road closure expected to begin Dec. 4
For Immediate Release: Thursday, November 21, 2019
Kruger Road, from the Elwert/Kruger roads intersection to the west end of the future Sherwood high school, is expected to close Dec. 4-Jan. 31 for construction of the Elwert/Kruger roundabout project.
The expected detour will be between Kruger and Haide roads through the high school’s temporary access road. Local driveways will be accessible; all through traffic must use the detour.
The Elwert-Kruger project includes:
- Two-lane roundabout northeast of the current intersection
- Realignment of portions of Kruger and Elwert roads
- Widening of Kruger Road
- Widening and additional lanes on Elwert and Haide roads, Sunset Boulevard and Highway 99W
- Intersection and signal improvements at Highway 99W/Elwert Road
- Traffic signals at Elwert/Haide roads and Elwert/Edy roads
- Bike and pedestrian improvements
- Street lighting
- Sewer line and storm drainage
Construction is expected through July 2020 with additional road closures expected. This project is funded through the County’s Major Streets Transportation Improvement Program (MSTIP) with contributions from the Sherwood School District and the city of Sherwood.
Washington County is committed to planning, building and maintaining a great transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users, and operating the County roadway system in cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Melissa De Lyser, Public Affairs and Communications Manager