October 21 Bonny Slope West Open House Exhibits
Thank you to those who were able to attend the October 21 Bonny Slope West/Area 93 Community Planning public event at Portland Community College - Rock Creek Campus. It was a well-attended event and as a result, we received many comments for consideration.
At the community event the name of the new community was discussed. Bonny Slope West was selected based on past history (it was the name of the original subdivision plat in 1923), as well as being the most favored name in a vote at the April Open House; Whiskey Gulch had the second-highest number of votes.
At the community event there were individual stations for attendees to provide comments on 5 topics:
- Community Planning, Land Use
- Bonny Slope West Wetland and Riparian Inventory
- Creek Visibility and Accessibility, Parks and Trails
Information on each topic is provided below. We'd appreciate your comments on all or any of these. You can submit comments at the bottom of this page, email comments to email@example.com or call us at (503) 846-3519.
- This Frequently Asked Questions - Traffic & Roads handout provides information on future road improvements in the vicinity of Bonny Slope West, including timing and funding options.
- This Functional Classification Map shows street classifications in the vicinity of Bonny Slope West.
- This Thompson Road Urban Cross-Section shows the anticipated future improvements to the road. Timing and funding of these improvements has not yet been determined. NOTE: A turn lane is likely only needed in a few locations along the roadway.
- This Laidlaw Road Urban Cross-Section shows the anticipated future improvements to the road. Timing and funding of these improvements has not yet been determined. NOTE: A turn lane is likely only needed in a few locations along the roadway.
Community Planning (including Land Use Designations)
- This Frequently Asked Questions - Residential Density handout provides information on residential density considerations for Bonny Slope West.
- This Potential Land Use Map shows the potential urban residential land use designations that the county may apply to Bonny Slope West.
- This Development Limited Areas Map shows the areas that were subtracted from the total area of Bonny Slope West to determine the amount of buildable land in the area.
Wetland and Riparian Area Inventory & Assessment
Pacific Habitat Services (PHS) completed a draft wetland and riparian area inventory and assessment for Bonny Slope West.
- This PowerPoint presentation describes PHS's methodology and conclusions.
- This Local Wetlands Inventory, Vegetated Corridor and Riparian Areas Map shows the boundaries of these areas in Bonny Slope West, as determined by PHS.
The project team received several written comments expressing concern about school capacity in the vicinity of bonny Slope West.
- This Frequently Asked Questions - Schools handout contains information provided by the Beaverton School District about school capacity and other issues.