Report a Crime
Welcome to the Washington County Sheriff's Office Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an emergency please call 911. Using this system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the Washington County Sheriff's Office Jurisdiction. (To find out if you are in WCSO jurisdiction: Follow the link, type in your address, zoom in and click on the location where the incident occurred.)
- There are no known suspects.
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions, please look at our Frequently Asked Questions section at the bottom of this page.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime. Please note these reports are monitored.
Using the Washington County Sheriff's Office Police Online Citizen Reporting System, you can report incidents such as property damage, lost property, and thefts.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.
If you do not wish to make an online report or your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Washington County Sheriff's Office (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 503-629-0111) to file your report.
What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If you do not wish to make an online report or you would like to speak to a Deputy in person or by phone please call non-emergency at 503-629-0111.
If this happened in another city, can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
If the incident occurred outside of the Washington County Sheriff's Office jurisdiction please call non-emergency dispatch at 503-629-0111 to have the appropriate agency take your report.
What is a known suspect?
A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.