Getting Here Green
There are many sustainable and active transportation options for visiting the County offices. Here are some tools to help you use them. Visit the County's Land Use & Transportation Bike and Pedestrian site for more information, to learn about road improvements, or to report a road-related problem. Learn more online from the Westside Transportation Alliance about planning your sustainable travel and give it a try.
TransitTracker for County Locations
TransitTracker is TriMet's real-time arrival information system. Using GPS on buses and sensors in the MAX tracks, TransitTracker estimates when the next vehicle will arrive, based on its speed and last reported location. If it can't make an accurate prediction, TransitTracker will just show the scheduled time instead.
The custom links below provide up-to-the minute departure times for buses and trains for Washington County facility locations in TriMet service territory, plus any service alerts currently in effect.
- Downtown Hillsboro Campus- includes all County buildings downtown (TriMet Stop IDs 9848, 9846, 9845, 9998, 9993, 259)
- Blanton St Site - Health & Human Services, 20655 SW Blanton St, Aloha 97007 (IDs 5637, 5638, 7060, 7061)
- Bonnie L Hays Animal Shelter, 1901 SE 24th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97123 (IDs 5606, 5612)
- Griffin Oaks Site - Cooperative Library Services, 2350 NE Griffin Oaks Dr, Hillsboro 97124 (IDs 10198, 9951)
- Elam Young Parkway Sites - Health & Human Services, Disability, Aging and Veterans Services (DAVS), and Hawthorn Walk-in Clinic, 5240 NE Elam Young Parkway, Hillsboro, OR 97124 (IDs 9839, 9840, 8559, 8545)
- Hillsboro Public Library, 2850 NE Brookwood Pkwy, Hillsboro, OR 97124 (IDs 13025, 12875)
- Service Center East - East Precinct, 3700 SW Murray Blvd, Beaverton, OR 97005 (IDs 9825, 9826, 4057, 10599)
- Sheriff's Office- Bethany Station, 4876 NW Bethany Boulevard, Portland 97229 (IDs 13685, 10093, 10107)
- Walnut Street Center, 1400 SW Walnut Street, Hillsboro, OR 97123
- Washington County Fairgrounds, 873 NE 34th Ave, Hillsboro, OR 97124 (IDs 9953, 9837, 9838)
- West Slope Library, 3678 SW 78th Ave, Portland, OR 97225 (IDs 595, 9762)
We welcome your feedback regarding the customized links from TriMet. Please email comments or suggestions to email@example.com.
Public bike racks can be found near building entrances and parking lots in several of County locations.
If you need to make a minor bike repair or pump up bike tires, there are work stations at the following County locations:
- Community Corrections Center, 260 SW Adams Ave, Hillsboro; in the bike parking shelter near the entrance
- Justice Services Building, 150 N First Ave, Hillsboro; near the loading dock
- Service Center East, 3700 SW Murray Blvd, Beaverton; near the bike rack on the lower level
- Walnut Street Center 1400 SW Walnut St, Hillsboro; east of the front entrance
Washington County has three electric vehicle (EV) charging stations available for public and employee use near the Public Services Building auditorium at 169 N First Ave, Hillsboro. One ChargePoint Level 2 charger ($0.14/kWh) and two Blink EV Level 2 charging stations ($0.39-0.49/kWh) are available at this site. A two-hour parking limit is set on the parking spots.
The County recognized a need to help expand the network of EV charging stations as a way to assist employees and citizens who are transitioning to alternative fuel vehicles to reduce their dependence on foreign oil and minimize environmental impacts.
Other charging stations in the downtown Hillsboro area include the following nearby locations. Please note that most of the chargers mentioned are signed with a time restriction.
- Two public chargers on Main Street in front of the Hillsboro Civic Center, 150 E Main St
- One public charger in the garage under the Hillsboro Civic Center (Note: EV chargers on the Civic Center’s parking lot/garage are for Civic Center visitors.)
- Two level 3 fast chargers in the Hillsboro Civic Center parking lot on the south side of the building (Note: EV chargers on the Civic Center’s parking lot/garage are for Civic Center visitors.)
- Two public chargers behind the Walters Cultural Arts Center at 5th and Main St, Hillsboro